This 14-page guide walks you through how to identify your ideal customer or client for your business. It asks all the right questions in order to develop effective messaging, your unique value proposition, and marketing channels in order to attract or get in front of your ideal customer.
Knowing your ideal client is crucial to a successful business. Though there are many online resources available to help you identify various pieces, we couldn’t find ONE place with all the relevant information. So, we created it ourselves! This 14-page guide walks you through not only identifying the basic details of your ideal client, but also knowing how they think and feel… which is crucial to marketing and messaging for a website.
While you may think you know everything about your ideal client, your marketing team, copywriters, website designers, branding agent, social media manager and even your sales reps may not know it. Having a detailed description of your client available to your team is crucial for generating quality leads to the business. You may consider updating your ideal customer description from year to year as marketing channels & platforms change/improve each year. Feel free to download this document and use it as many times as you want! Pass it out to your team & sales reps to ensure they know how to attract the ideal client to your business.
This guide helps you to identify:
Personal & Career Goals
Hobbies / Entertainment
Organizations, Groups, & Events
The problem they are experiencing
Before & After Thinking
Before & After Wants
Before & After Activities
Influencers, Books, & Podcasts
Key Purchase Drivers
Basic Marketing Plan to Attract Ideal Customer
- The leads you’re currently generating are not your ideal customer
- Prospects are unwilling to pay your current pricing
- Your website is not converting visitors into leads
- You feel confused on content messaging
- Your business has pivoted or shifted recently and your client base is changing
- There is a disconnect between your social media, website, & sales pitch
- Your audience feels that you are all over the place & not sure who you service
- You’re new to entrepreneurship and recognize that knowing your ideal client is crucial